Pacific VP60P Door Set -/60/60sm
The Pacific VP60P door set is a door & glazing system with insulating glass which allows large sized glazing and timber detailing. The system includes a glazed single or pair hinged door hung in a timber or steel frame, with adjacent non-opening (fixed) sidelights. The glazing is also available as separate fire windows (See the FW60P datasheet).
The system has been approved using Pyrobel 16 glass.
Timber-framed smoke control doors include a seal in the frame. Steel framed doors include the PFS-4 seal. If required, bottom seals can be selected from the Hardware list.
The thickness of the VP60P door leaf is 50mm with an approximate leaf weight of 30kg/m2
|Wall Type||Fire Resistance Rating
|Door Application||Max Leaf
| Steel Stud Wall
Timber Stud Wall
- Please note that the maximum leaf width shown above is measured per door leaf.
- The ‘sm’ above denotes that the door is available as a smoke control door set.
- Of the above facings only those marked * may extend around the door edge.
- Steel frames are required where metal capping is used.
- Standard Paint Quality doors are allowed ‘non-clashed’ to provide best surface for finish painting.
- Other facings may be available, please contact Pacific Doors to discuss further options.
Leaf edges are available in the below profiles
- Aluminium cappings are not available for timber frame doorsets.
Frame Types & Profiles
The timber frame profiles listed below are available for the VP60P door set.
Timber density requirements exclude some species of timber. Timber must be a hardwood with minimum density of 580kg/m3.
Pressed steel frames are available in the below frame profiles.
The VP60P door set is available in the two-part steel frame system for fixing to walls already lined.
For more in depth information on frame profiles and sizes, please see our Installation Instructions.
The below meeting stiles are applicable to paired door sets only.
Jambs may be connected to timber stud, steel stud or concrete masonry.
The minimum specification for each wall type is:
- Precast concrete (100mm thickness) or grouted blockwork (minimum 140mm thickness).
- Non-load bearing timber stud partitions of minimum specifications GBT60a or GBT60b. Note that steel framed VP60 door sets may only be installed in walls of minimum stud size 100x50mm nominal (Gib® Fire Rated Systems).
- Non-load bearing steel stud partitions of minimum specification GBS90 (timber framed doors) or GBS60 (Steel framed doors) (Gib® Fire Rated Systems).
Product Optional Extras
|Glazing Type||Maximum Glazed Area||Max Height (mm)||Max Width (mm)||Glazing Bead||FRR with Vision Panel|
|Per VP||Total||Timber||Aluminium||Up to 0.065m2||Over 0.065m2|
- Please note that the height and width of the vision panel must still fall within the maximum glazed area.
- Glazing types marked with * indicate Grade A Safety glass.
Standard Vision Panel Cross Sections
Sidelights and Overlights
Timber Framed Sidelight & Overlight
The Pyrobel glazing system can include panes of up to 2537h or 2537w, up to a maximum glazed area of 3.70m2
For the VP60-P system, the separate glazed sidelight is connected to the fire door frame with a layer of 13mm plasterboard between. The joint is covered by a timber architrave as illustrated below
Steel Framed Sidelight & Overlight
The steel framed glazing system can include panes of up to 2820h or 2820w, up to a maximum glazed area of 3.58m2
The steel frame between the window and the door must be packed with fire insulation board.
Overpanels are not available for this door set.
Additional Door Options
Push or Kickplates
Push plates or kickplates can be of the below permitted materials and can be either surface mounted or recessed flush. Fixing may be via screws or contact adhesive only.
- Steel (mild or Stainless)
- Vinyl Sheets up to 2mm
Please note that fire doors with ventilation grilles cannot be certified as ‘Smoke’ control door sets.
Drop Shutter Grilles
A Drop Shutter Grille is available to a maximum aperture 600 x 600mm. Shutters are not available for exterior quality doors.
Intumescent grilles are available to a maximum rating of -/60/30.
Grille sizes available
- 600w x 300mm
- 450w x 450mm
- 600w x 600mm
Adjacent fire rated doors are permitted provided the central mullion is grouted steel, except that for any frame with clear aperture less than 2396 x 1454mm the mullion may be factory packed rather than grouted. Maximum width of the paired door sets with grouted mullion is 3600mm overall.
Technical Compliance Statement
The VP60P fire door complies with the requirements of NZS 4520 Fire-resistant doorsets when installed in accordance with Pacific Doors’ Installation Instructions into a complying fire-resistant wall, and when fitted with approved hardware.
NZS 4520 is referenced in the New Zealand Building Code Acceptable Solutions (Appendix C 6.1.1)
Pacific VP60P fire doors have been successfully fire-tested in accordance with AS1530.4, as referenced in NZS 4520 and in Appendix C 5.1.1.
The fire resistance achieved by the VP60P was FRR -/60/60
The VP60P has been tested to and met the physical endurance requirements of NZS 4520 Appendix A.
The VP60P fire door will satisfy the requirements of NZBC, B2 “Durability” under conditions of use, installation and maintenance specified by Pacific Doors, or specific contractual guarantees, whichever are overriding.