Pacific VP60DA Double Action Door Set -/60/60sm
Pacific Double Action door sets are 180° pivoting doors. The door set configuration may be single leaf or pair, finished with a variety of facings and pivoted in a steel frame.
The Pacific Double Action fire door set can be supplied as a smoke control door as defined in the NZBC Acceptable Solutions. Bottom seals are not available with this door type.
The thickness of the VP60DA door leaf is 48mm with an approximate leaf weight of 27kg/m2
|Wall Type||Maximum Fire Resistance Rating
|Door Application||Max Leaf
| Steel Stud Wall
Timber Stud Wall
- Please note that the maximum leaf width shown above is measured per door leaf.
- The ‘sm’ above denotes that the door is available as a smoke control door set.
- Insulation ratings must be notified at time of pricing for steel frames.
- Door comes clashed with aluminium bullnose section to enable the double action movement.
- Other facings may be available, please contact Pacific Doors to discuss further options.
The leaf edges listed below are available for the VP60DA door set
Frame Types & Profiles
The VP60-DA is not available in a timber frame.
The steel frame profiles listed below are available for the VP60DA door set.
For more in depth information on frame profiles and sizes, please see our Installation Instructions.
The meeting stiles listed below are applicable to paired door sets only.
Jambs may be connected to timber stud, steel stud or concrete/masonry walls.
The minimum specification for each wall type is:
- Precast concrete (150mm thickness minimum) or grouted blockwork (140mm thickness minimum).
- Non-load bearing steel stud partitions of minimum specifications GBS60 (for VP30-DA) or GBS90 (for VP60-DA). Note that 100mm nom. wall framing is necessary where fitting of the head spring hardware is specified.
- Non-load bearing timber stud partitions of minimum specifications GBT30 (for VP30-DA) or GBT60b (for VP60-DA) or GBT90 (for VP90-DA) (as listed in “Gib® Fire Rated Systems”), all based on minimum 100x50mm framing. Note that minimum 100mm nom. wall framing is necessary where fitting of head spring hardware is specified.
Product Optional Extras
|Glazing Type||Maximum Glazed Area||Max Height (mm)||Max Width (mm)||Glazing Bead||FRR with Vision Panel|
|Timber||Aluminum||Up to 0.065m2||Over 0.065m2|
- Please note that the height and width of the vision panel must still fall within the maximum glazed area.
- Glazing types marked with * indicate Grade A Safety glass.
Circular Vision Panels
Standard Cross Section
Standard Vision Panel Cross Sections
Sidelights and Overlights
Sidelights and Overlights are not applicable to this door set. Please contact Pacific Doors to discuss your requirements.
Overpanels with transom are available to an overall height of 3600mm.
Additional Door Options
Push or Kickplates
Push plates or kickplates can be of the below permitted materials and can be either surface mounted or recessed flush. Fixing may be via screws or contact adhesive only.
Adjacent fire rated doors are permitted provided the central mullion is grouted steel. Maximum width of the coupled doorsets is 3600mm overall.
A modified door set allowing two door leaves to open 90o in opposite directions and closing onto short header-fixed stops is available.
Technical Compliance Statement
The VP60-DA fire door complies with the requirements of NZS 4520 Fire-resistant door sets when installed in accordance with Pacific Doors’ Installation Instructions into a complying fire-resistant wall, and when fitted with approved hardware.
NZS 4520 is referenced in the New Zealand Building Code Acceptable Solutions (Appendix C 6.1.1)
Pacific VP60-DA fire doors have been successfully fire-tested in accordance with AS1530.4, as referenced in NZS 4520 and in Appendix C 5.1.1.
The fire resistance achieved by the VP60-DA was FRR -/60/60