Pacific VP180 Hinged Door Set -/180/60sm
The Pacific VP180 is a side hung door set. The door set configuration may be single leaf or pair, finished with a variety of facings and hung in a steel frame.
Steel framed smoke control doors include the PFS-3 frame seal. If required, bottom seals can be selected from the Hardware List
The thickness of the VP180 door leaf is 48mm with an approximate leaf weight of 27kg/m2
|Wall Type||Maximum Fire Resistance Rating
|Door Application||Max Leaf
|Timber Stud Wall||-/180/60sm *||Single||2400||1200|
|Masonry Wall||-/180/60sm *||Single||3000||1200|
- Please note that the maximum leaf width shown above is measured per door leaf.
- The ‘sm’ above denotes that the door is available as a smoke control door set.
- Rebated aluminium meeting stile is the only available when installed into masonry walls to a maximum leaf size of 2400 x 1200.
- Rebated Aluminium meeting stile is only available when installed into masonry walls to maximum size of 2400 x 1200mm
- Insulation ratings must be notified at time of pricing for steel frames. Maximum insulation ratings shown. Some wall applications will have a maximum 30 minute insulation rating.
- Door sets with leafs larger than 2700 x 1200 are not intended for frequent use, we recommend they be typically either held open or closed with compliant hardware in normal operation.
- Of the above facings only those marked * may extend around the door edge.
- Standard Paint Quality doors are allowed ‘non-clashed’ to provide best surface for finish painting.
- Other facings may be available, please contact Pacific Doors to discuss further options.
The leaf edges listed below are available for the VP180 door set
Frame Types & Profiles
Timber frames are not applicable for fire doors above 60 minute fire rating.
The steel frame profiles listed below are available for the VP180 door set.
Stainless steel frames are only approved grouted into masonry or concrete walls.
For more in depth information on frame profiles and sizes, please see our Installation Instructions.
The meeting stiles listed below are applicable to paired door sets only.
Jambs may be connected to:
- Precast concrete (150mm thickness minimum) or grouted blockwork (140mm thickness minimum).
- Non-load bearing timber stud walls of minimum specification GBT180 with Gib Fyreline linings 3x16mm each side (Gib® Fire Rated Systems). A non-standard frame installation is required as shown on the Installation Datasheets.
Product Optional Extras
|Glazing Type||Maximum Glazed Area||Max Height (mm)||Max Width (mm)||Glazing Bead||FRR with Vision Panel|
|Timber||Aluminum||Up to 0.065m2||Over 0.065m2|
- Please note that the height and width of the vision panel must still fall within the maximum glazed area.
- Glazing types marked with * indicate Grade A Safety glass.
Standard Vision Panel Cross Sections
Not applicable for this door set
Sidelights and Overlights
Sidelights and overlights are not applicable for this door set.
Overpanels with transom are available in steel jambs to an overall height of 3600mm in masonry walls. This is available for single or paired door sets.
A complete door set with screw fixed side panels can be supplied, with the steel mullion between panel and door leaf to be grout-filled during installation.
Additional Door Options
Push or Kickplates
Push plates or kickplates can be of the below permitted materials. Fixing may be via screws or contact adhesive only.
- Steel mild or stainless (0.6 – 0.9mm)
- Acrovyn (0.7 -2.0mm)
Please note that fire doors with ventilation grilles cannot be certified as ‘Smoke’ control door sets.
A Pyropanel Pyrogrille is available
Adjacent fire rated doors are permitted provided the central mullion is grouted steel. Maximum width of the coupled door sets is 3600mm overall.
Technical Compliance Statement
The VP180 fire door complies with the requirements of NZS 4520 Fire-resistant door sets when installed in accordance with Pacific Doors’ Installation Instructions into a complying fire-resistant wall, and when fitted with approved hardware.
NZS 4520 is referenced in the New Zealand Building Code Acceptable Solutions (Appendix C 6.1.1)
Pacific VP180 fire doors have been successfully fire-tested in accordance with AS1530.4, as referenced in NZS 4520 and in Appendix C 5.1.1.
The fire resistance achieved by the VP180 was FRR:
-/180/60 for single leaf
-/180/60 for pair leaf
The VP180 has been tested to and met the physical endurance requirements of NZS 4520 Appendix A.
The VP180 fire door will satisfy the requirements of NZBC, B2 “Durability” under conditions of use, installation and maintenance specified by Pacific Doors, or specific contractual guarantees, whichever are overriding.