Fire Rated Interconnecting Doors
Pacific Door Systems Limited offers a range of Interconnecting Acoustic door sets which also comply with NZS 4520 Fire-resistant door sets, as referenced in the New Zealand Building Code (NZBC Appendix C 6.1.1).
These fire rated interconnecting door sets consist of two sets of flush panel hinged door leaves hung in a common frame with an airspace in between.
- STC rating up to 46
- Fire Rating up to-/60/30sm
The door set includes frame-mounted perimeter seals and a compression seal & threshold plate at the sill.
The thickness and weight of these door sets varies depending on the configuration.
|Product||Frame Type||Space Description||Fire Resistance Rating
|STC/Rw Rating||Door Application||Max Leaf
|AFD300-46ID||Common (Timber only)||65||-/60/30sm||46||Single||2400||1200|
|SP-60-ID||Common (Steel or timber)||65||-/60/30sm||43||Single||2400||1200|
|SP-60-ID||Common (Steel or timber)||65||-/60/30sm||40||Pair||2400||1200|
|AFD300-56ID||Separate (Timber only)||140||-/60/30sm||56||Single||2400||1200|
|AFD300-59ID||Separate (Timber only)||300||-/60/30sm||59||Single||2400||1200|
- Please note that the maximum leaf width shown above is measured per door leaf.
- The ‘sm’ above denotes that the door is available as a smoke control door set.
For AFD300-XXID please refer the AFD300 hardware list.
For SP-60-ID please refer the VP60 hardware list.
The facings listed below are available for these door sets.
- Timber Veneers *
- Of the above facings only those marked * may extend around the door edge.
- Standard Paint Quality doors are allowed ‘non-clashed’ to provide best surface for finish painting.
- SPA37-FD & SPA40-P doors may have a visible ripple in the facings when painted. This is due to the method of construction of the acoustic door and cannot be altered.
- Other facings may be available, please contact Pacific Doors to discuss further options.
Paint-quality doors have unclashed edges.
Timber veneer faced doors are clashed on the vertical edges with solid timber.
Frame Types & Profiles
The timber frame profiles listed below are available for these door sets. The timber species of the frame must be pine or denser (580kg/m3)
The steel frame profiles listed below are available for these door sets.
For more in depth information on frame profiles and sizes, please see our Installation Instructions.
The meeting stile listed below is available for the SP-60-ID only.
Please note that this meeting stile applies to the SPA40-P leaf. The VP60 meeting stile can be as per the VP60 datasheet.
Jambs may be connected to timber stud, steel stud or concrete masonry. The minimum specification for each wall type is:
- Precast concrete (100mm thickness) or grouted blockwork (190mm thickness).
- Non-load bearing timber stud partitions of minimum specifications GBT60a or GBT60b. Note that steel framed VP60 door sets may only be installed in walls of minimum stud size ex 100x50mm (Gib® Fire Rated Systems).
- Non-load bearing steel stud partitions of minimum specification GBS90 (timber framed doors) or GBS60 (Steel framed doors) (Gib® Fire Rated Systems).
- Universal Wall systems GBUW60a or GBUW60b
Please note that the AFD300 door types are not approved for installation directly into steel stud walls.
Product Optional Extras
Vision panels are not permitted in these door sets.
Sidelights and Overlights
Sidelights and overlights are not an option on this door set as it would impact the acoustic performance of the door set.
Overpanels are not an option on this door set as it would impact the acoustic performance of the door set.
Additional Door Options
Push or Kickplates
Kickplates of any kind can be surface mounted to this door set.
Ventilation Grilles are not an option on this door set as it would impact the acoustic performance of the door set.
Technical Compliance Statement
The SPA40-FR60 fire door complies with the requirements of NZS 4520 Fire-resistant door sets when installed in accordance with Pacific Doors’ Installation Instructions into a complying fire-resistant wall, and when fitted with approved hardware.
NZS 4520 is referenced in the New Zealand Building Code Acceptable Solutions (Appendix C 6.1.1)
SPA40-FR60 fire doors have been successfully fire-tested in accordance with AS1530.4, as referenced in NZS 4520 and in Appendix C 5.1.1.
The fire resistance achieved by the SPA40-FR60 was FRR -/60/60
The SPA40-FR60 has been tested to and met the physical endurance requirements of NZS 4520 Appendix A.
The SPA40-FR60 fire door will satisfy the requirements of NZBC, B2 “Durability” under conditions of use, installation and maintenance specified by Pacific Doors, or specific contractual guarantees, whichever are overriding.
Complete door sets are tested to ISO 140-3 in a purpose-built facility that meets the requirements of ISO 140-1.