Pacific VP60HR Door Set -/60/60sm
The Pacific VP60 Heritage is a side hung door set which can include Heritage features such as recessed panels, raised and fielded panels, and replication of mortise and tenon construction. Heritage doors can be supplied faced with timber veneers to resemble existing solid timber doors.
The door set configuration may be single leaf or pair, finished with a variety of facings and hung in a steel or timber frame.
Timber-framed smoke control doors include a seal in the frame. Steel framed doors may include the PFS-4 seal. If required, bottom seals can be selected from the Hardware List.
The thickness of the VP60HR door leaf is 48-60mmwith an approximate leaf weight of at least 27kg/m2
|Wall Type||Maximum Fire Resistance Rating
|Door Application||Max Leaf
| Steel Stud Wall
Timber Stud Wall
- Please note that the maximum leaf width shown above is measured per door leaf.
- The ‘sm’ above denotes that the door is available as a smoke control door set.
- Insulation ratings must be notified at time of pricing for steel frames.
Heritage Fire Doors
- Of the above facings only those marked * may extend around the door edge.
- Steel frames are required where metal capping is used.
- Standard Paint Quality doors are allowed ‘non-clashed’ to provide best surface for finish painting.
- Other facings may be available, please contact Pacific Doors to discuss further options.
Leaf edges are available in the below profiles
Paint quality doors are non-clashed as standard.
Frame Types & Profiles
The timber frame profiles listed below are available for the VP60HR door set.
Timber density requirements exclude some species of timber. Timber must be a hardwood with minimum density of 580kg/m3.
Pressed steel frames are available in the below frame profiles.
The VP60HR door set is available in the two-part steel frame system for fixing to walls already lined.
- D2 and D4 require minimum 110 mm wall thickness
- D2 and D4 are limited to FRR -/60/30 sm
For more in depth information on frame profiles and sizes, please see our Installation Instructions.
The below meeting stiles are applicable to paired door sets only.
- Of the above meeting stiles, Rebated Ali Capped is the only meeting stile available for doors thicker than 50mm
Jambs may be connected to timber stud, steel stud or concrete masonry.
The minimum specification for each wall type is:
- Precast concrete (100mm thickness) or grouted blockwork (minimum 140mm thickness).
- Non-load bearing timber stud partitions of minimum specifications GBT60a or GBT60b (Gib® Fire Rated Systems). Note that steel framed VP60 door sets may only be installed in walls of minimum stud size ex 100x50mm.
- Non-load bearing steel stud partitions of minimum specification GBS90 (timber framed doors) or GBS60 (Steel framed doors) (Gib® Fire Rated Systems).
- Universal Wall systems GBUW60a or GBUW60b.
Product Optional Extras
|Glazing Type||Maximum Glazed Area||Max Height (mm)||Max Width (mm)||Glazing Bead||FRR with Vision Panel|
|Timber||Aluminum||Up to 0.065m2||Over 0.065m2|
- Please note that the height and width of the vision panel must still fall within the maximum glazed area.
- Glazing types marked with * indicate Grade A Safety glass.
- Pyrobel is not suitable for exterior doors.
For 60 minute door sets with larger vision panel options, please refer to the VP60
Standard Vision Panel Cross Sections
Not applicable for this door set.
Sidelights and Overlights
Timber Framed Sidelight & Overlight
The Pyrobel glazing system can include panes of up to 2537h or 2537w, up to a maximum glazed area of 3.70m2
Pyrobel is not suitable for exterior use.
For the VP60HR system, the separate glazed sidelight is connected to the fire door frame with a layer of 13mm plasterboard between. The joint is covered by a timber architrave as illustrated below. Door set, sidelite and overlite will be made and dispatched separately for on site assembly. 13mm Fyreline and architraves not supplied by Pacific Doors.
Steel Framed Sidelight & Overlight
The steel framed glazing system can include panes of up to 2820h or 2820w, up to a maximum glazed area of 3.58m2
The steel frame between the window and the door must be packed with fire insulation board. Unit is required to be factory welded therefore practical limitations of size need to be considered for freight. Powder coat finish is not available.
Note: Pyrobel glazing can be used for interior applications only.
Overpanel With Transom Elevation and Detail
Overpanels with transom are available in steel jambs to an overall height of 3600mm both in single leaf and pair door sets.
Transomless Overpanel Elevation and Detail
An overpanel without transom is available in steel jambs to an overall height of 3600mm with maximum door leaf dimensions 2400x1200mm, in single leaf only.
A complete door set with screw fixed side panels can be supplied, with the steel mullion between panel and door leaf to be grout-filled during installation.
Additional Door Options
Push or Kickplates
Push plates or kickplates can be of the below permitted materials and can be either surface mounted or recessed flush. Fixing may be via screws or contact adhesive only
- Steel (mild or Stainless)
- Vinyl Sheets up to 2mm
This door leaf has a thermal insulation rating (R-value) of 0.645 Km2/W.
Technical Compliance Statement
The VP60HR fire door complies with the requirements of NZS 4520 Fire-resistant door sets when installed in accordance with Pacific Doors’ Installation Instructions into a complying fire-resistant wall, and when fitted with approved hardware.
NZS 4520 is referenced in the New Zealand Building Code Acceptable Solutions (Appendix C 6.1.1)
Pacific VP60HR fire doors have been successfully fire-tested in accordance with AS1530.4, as referenced in NZS 4520 and in Appendix C 5.1.1.
The fire resistance achieved by the VP60HR was FRR -/60/60
The VP60HR fire door will satisfy the requirements of NZBC, B2 “Durability” under conditions of use, installation and maintenance specified by Pacific Doors, or specific contractual guarantees, whichever are overriding.