Pacific VP60 Door Set -/60/60sm
The Pacific VP60 is a side hung door set. The door set configuration may be single leaf or pair, finished with a variety of facings and hung in a steel or timber frame.
Timber-framed smoke control doors include a seal in the frame. Steel framed doors include the PFS-4 seal. If required, bottom seals can be selected from the Hardware list.
The thickness of the VP60 door leaf is 48mm with an approximate leaf weight of 27kg/m2
|Wall Type||Jamb Type||Maximum Fire Resistance Rating
|Door Application||Max Leaf
| Steel Stud Wall
Timber Stud Wall
|Steel Stud Wall
Timber Stud Wall
|Speedwall||Steel||-/60/30sm||Single & Pair||2400||1200|
- Please note that the maximum leaf width shown above is measured per door leaf.
- The ‘sm’ above denotes that the door is available as a smoke control door set.
- Meeting styles for doors installed into Speedwall are restricted to J-Section or Bullnose.
- Timber jambs are not possible for doors installed into Speedwall or James Hardie
- Insulation ratings must be notified at time of pricing for steel frames. Maximum insulation ratings shown. Some wall applications will have a maximum 30 minute insulation rating.
- Door sets with leafs larger than 2700 x 1200 are not intended for frequent use, we recommend they be typically either held open or closed with compliant hardware in normal operation.
- JHETGJ60 is the only approved James Hardie fire rated wall system.
- Of the above facings only those marked * may extend around the door edge.
- Steel frames are required where metal capping is used.
- Standard Paint Quality doors are allowed ‘non-clashed’ to provide best surface for finish painting.
- See Additional Door Options for more facing alternatives.
The leaf edges listed below are available for the VP60 door set
Paint quality doors are non-clashed as standard.
- Metal cappings are not available for timber frame doorsets or doorsets installed into Speedwall or James Hardie wall.
Frame Types & Profiles
The timber frame profiles listed below are available for the VP60 door set.
Timber density requirements exclude some species of timber. Timber must be a hardwood with minimum density of 580kg/m3.
The steel frame profiles listed below are available for the VP60 door set.
The VP60 door set is available in the two-part steel frame system for fixing to walls already lined.
- D2 and D4 are not available with sidelights and overlights, and are not compliant in Speedwall or James Hardie wall.
For more in depth information on frame profiles and sizes, please see our Installation Instructions.
The meeting stiles listed below are applicable to paired door sets only.
Jambs may be connected to timber stud, steel stud or concrete masonry.
The minimum specification for each wall type is:
- Precast concrete (100mm thickness) or grouted blockwork (minimum 140mm thickness).
- Non-load bearing timber stud partitions of minimum specifications GBT60a or GBT60b. Note that steel framed VP60 door sets may only be installed in walls of minimum stud size ex 100x50mm (Gib® Fire Rated Systems).
- Non-load bearing steel stud partitions of minimum specification GBS90 (timber framed doors) or GBS60 (Steel framed doors) (Gib® Fire Rated Systems).
- Universal Wall systems GBUW60a or GBUW60b
- Speedpanel & Korok walls (51mm, 64mm or 78mm)
- James Hardie JHETGJ60 fire rated wall system.
- Boral 25mm shaftlinner wall (Note special installation details and size restrictions apply refer Pacific Doors for details)
Product Optional Extras
|Glazing Type||Maximum Glazed Area||Max Height (mm)||Max Width (mm)||Glazing Bead||FRR with Vision Panel|
|Timber||Aluminum||Up to 0.065m2||Over 0.065m2|
- Please note that the height and width of the vision panel must still fall within the maximum glazed area.
- Glazing types marked with * indicate Grade A Safety glass.
- Circular vision panels are not available with Pyrobel glazing.
For 60 minute door sets with larger vision panel options, please refer to theVP60P
Circular Vision Panels
Standard Cross Section
Standard Vision Panel Cross Sections
Sidelights and Overlights
Sidelight and overlights in a glazed steel framed unit are available to a maximum overall frame size 2400 x 2400mm.
Alternatively a wall segment of minimum width 250mm must separate the FW60 fire window from a VP60 door set.
An overlight of maximum clear aperture 600h x 1630w is available in a steel framed door set with clear glazing.
Overpanels with transom are available in steel jamb to an overall height of 3600mm in a single or paired door set.
An overpanel without transom is available in steel jambs to an overall height of 3600mm with maximum door leaf dimensions 2400x1200mm, in single leaf only.
A complete door set with screw fixed side panels can be supplied, with the steel mullion between panel and door leaf to be grout-filled during installation.
Sidelights, Overlights and Panels are not available for door sets installed into Speedwall or James Hardie wall.
Additional Door Options
Push or Kickplates
Push plates or kickplates can be of the below permitted materials and can be either surface mounted or recessed flush. Fixing may be via screws or contact adhesive only.
- Steel (mild or Stainless)
- Vinyl Sheets up to 2mm
Please note that fire doors with ventilation grilles cannot be certified as ‘Smoke’ control door sets.
Drop shutter grilles are not an option on this doorset.
Ventilation grilles are not suitable for exposed exterior doors.
Lorient LVH intumescent grilles are available in the following sizes:
- 300 x 300 mm
- 450 x 450 mm
- 600 x 300 mm
- 600 x 600 mm
Adjacent fire rated doors are permitted provided the central mullion is grouted steel, except that for any frame with clear aperture less than 2396 x 1454mm the mullion may be factory packed rather than grouted. Maximum width of the coupled doorsets with grouted mullion is 3600mm overall.
Adjacent fire rated doors are not permitted installed into Speedwall or James Hardie wall.
Decorative Timber Mouldings and Panels
Nominal 43 x 12mm untreated timber mouldings or 20mm thick panels are permitted on the facings provided they are kept 50mm from the leaf edge or vision panel.
A door set can be supplied with a modified frame (timber or steel) allowing two door leaves to open in opposite directions. Maximum door height is 2400mm.
Restaurant function door sets are not permitted installed into Speedwall or James Hardie wall.
V-grooves can be machined into the leaf facings for aesthetic purposes.
The following restrictions apply:
- Only available in timber framed doorsets
- Leaf facing has to be MDF or ply
- Facing thickness is increased to 6 mm
- Leaf requires concealed intumescent to both vertical stiles and head
Decorative panels (e.g. stone, glass, timber or similar) can be added to one face of the door leaf provided:
• Panel is glue fixed (no screws or nails)
• Panel weight is less than 35 kg
• Leaf dimensions are 2400 x 1020 or less
• Leaf is hung in a steel frame
Panels to be installed on site by others. They can be either glued directly to the face of the leaf or onto timber battens glued to the leaf.
If the decorative panel is on the hinge face of the leaf, please specify extended "wide throw" hinges.
Please note that special hardware items may be required (e.g. extended spindles).
Decorative panels are not allowed in conjunction with vision panels.
This door leaf has a thermal insulation rating (R-value) of 0.645 Km2/W.
Technical Compliance Statement
The VP60 fire door complies with the requirements of NZS 4520 Fire-resistant doorsets when installed in accordance with Pacific Doors’ Installation Instructions into a complying fire-resistant wall, and when fitted with approved hardware.
NZS 4520 is referenced in the New Zealand Building Code Acceptable Solutions (Appendix C 6.1.1)
Pacific VP60 fire doors have been successfully fire-tested in accordance with AS1530.4, as referenced in NZS 4520 and in Appendix C 5.1.1.
The fire resistance achieved by the VP60 was FRR -/60/60
The VP60 has been tested to and met the physical endurance requirements of NZS 4520 Appendix A.
The VP60 fire door will satisfy the requirements of NZBC, B2 “Durability” under conditions of use, installation and maintenance specified by Pacific Doors, or specific contractual guarantees, whichever are overriding.