Pacific VP30A Hinged Door Set -/30/30sm
The Pandor construction of the VP30A has a solid core and requires no metal fixing plates or channel in the door leaf. It is not suitable for exposed exterior use.
Timber-framed smoke control doors include a seal in the frame. Steel framed doors include the PFS-4 frame seal. If required, bottom seals can be selected from the Hardware list.
The thickness of the VP30A door leaf is 48mm with an approximate base leaf weight of 24kg/m2
|Wall Type||Fire Resistance Rating
|Door Application||Max Leaf
| Steel Stud Wall
Timber Stud Wall
- Please note that the maximum leaf width shown above is measured per door leaf.
- The ‘sm’ above denotes that the door is available as a smoke control door set.
- The maximum area per door leaf is 2.468m2 (Height x Width).
- Insulation ratings must be notified at time of pricing for steel frames.
- Of the above facings only those marked * may extend around the door edge.
- Steel frames are required where metal capping is used.
- Standard Paint Quality doors are allowed ‘non-clashed’ to provide best surface for finish painting.
- Other facings may be available, please contact Pacific Doors to discuss further options.
The leaf edges listed below are available for the VP30A door set
- Aluminium cappings are not available for timber frame doorsets.
Frame Types & Profiles
The timber frame profiles listed below are available for the VP30A door set.
The timber species of the frame must be pine or denser (500kg/m3)
The steel frame profiles listed below are available for the VP30A door set.
The VP30A door set is available in the two-part steel frame system for fixing to walls already lined.
For more in depth information on frame profiles and sizes, please see our Installation Instructions.
The meeting stiles listed below are applicable to paired door sets only.
Can be installed in masonry walls and timber stud drywalls of at least 30 minute fire resistance, and steel stud drywalls of at least 60 minute fire resistance.
Product Optional Extras
|Glazing Type||Maximum Glazed Area||Max Height (mm)||Max Width (mm)||Glazing Bead||FRR with Vision Panel|
|Timber||Aluminum||Up to 0.065m2||Over 0.065m2|
- Please note that the height and width of the vision panel must still fall within the maximum glazed area.
- Glazing types marked with * indicate Grade A Safety glass.
For 30 minute door sets with larger vision panel options, please refer to the VP30
Standard Vision Panel Cross Sections
Not applicable for this door set.
Sidelights and Overlights
Sidelights and Overlights are not applicable for this door set. Please refer to the VP60 datasheet.
Overpanels are not applicable for this door set. Please refer to the VP60 datasheet.
Additional Door Options
Push or Kickplates
Push plates or kickplates can be of the below permitted materials and can be either surface mounted or recessed flush. Fixing may be via screws or contact adhesive only.
- Steel (mild or Stainless)
- Vinyl Sheets up to 2mm
Rubber kickplates can only be surface mounted – special conditions do apply, please contact us for more detail.
Please note that fire doors with ventilation grilles cannot be certified as ‘Smoke’ control door sets.
An intumescent grille is available to a maximum aperture 400 x 400mm. Two such Intumescent grilles may be fitted to each leaf separated from each other and hardware by at least 200mm.
Technical Compliance Statement
The VP30A fire door complies with the requirements of NZS 4520 Fire-resistant door sets when installed in accordance with Pacific Doors’ Installation Instructions into a complying fire-resistant wall, and when fitted with approved hardware.
NZS 4520 is referenced in the New Zealand Building Code Acceptable Solutions (Appendix C 6.1.1)
Pacific VP30A fire doors have been successfully fire-tested in accordance with AS1530.4, as referenced in NZS 4520 and in Appendix C 5.1.1.
The fire resistance achieved by the VP30A was FRR -/30/30
The VP30A has been tested to and met the physical endurance requirements of NZS 4520 Appendix A.
The VP30A fire door will satisfy the requirements of NZBC, B2 “Durability” under conditions of use, installation and maintenance specified by Pacific Doors, or specific contractual guarantees, whichever are overriding.