Pacific F15 Door Set -/15/15sm
The Pacific F15 is a side hung fire door set. The door set configuration may be single leaf or pair, finished with a variety of facings and hung in a timber frame.
Timber framed smoke control doors include a seal in the frame. If required, bottom seals can be selected from the hardware list.
The thickness of the F15 door leaf is 38mm with an approximate leaf weight of 23kg/m2
|Wall Type||Fire Resistance Rating
|Door Application||Max Leaf
|Steel Stud Wall
Timber Stud Wall
- Please note that the maximum leaf width shown above is measured per door leaf.
- The ‘sm’ above denotes that the door is available as a smoke control door set.
- Of the above facings only those marked * may extend around the door edge.
- Steel frames are required where metal capping is used.
- Standard Paint Quality doors are allowed ‘non-clashed’ to provide best surface for finish painting.
- Other facings may be available, please contact Pacific Doors to discuss further options.
Paint quality doors have unclashed edges.
Timber veneer faced doors are clashed on the vertical edges with solid timber.
Frame Types & Profiles
The timber frame profiles listed below are available for the F15 door set
Please note that the F15 door set is not available in a steel frame.
For more in depth information on frame profiles and sizes, please see our Installation Instructions.
The meeting stiles listed below are applicable to paired door sets only.
As previously noted, Jambs may be connected to timber stud, steel stud or concrete masonry.
The minimum specification for each wall type is:
- Precast concrete (80mm thickness) or grouted blockwork (190mm standard thickness).
- Any of the fire rated drywalls (timber or steel stud) described in the Gib® Fire Rated Systems Catalogue may be used.
Product Optional Extras
|Glazing Type||Maximum Glazed Area||Max Height (mm)||Max Width (mm)||Glazing Bead||FRR with Vision Panel|
|Timber||Aluminum||Up to 0.065m2||Over 0.065m2|
- Please note that the height and width of the vision panel must still fall within the maximum glazed area.
- Glazing types marked with * indicate Grade A Safety glass.
For 15 minute door sets with larger vision panel options, please refer to the F0.5
Standard Vision Panel Cross Sections
Not Applicable for this doorset
Sidelights and Overlights
A transom overpanel of 600mm maximum height is available.
Single Door Set Pair Door Set
Overpanel Cross Section
A fixed side panel is permitted adjacent to single or pair leaf doors separated by a timber mullion.
Additional Door Options
Push or Kickplates
Stainless Steel surface-mounted, screw-fixed, to a maximum height of 600mm.
Two single leaf doors opening in opposite directions may be installed in one frame. This door will have a fire rating of (FRR -/30/30). The leaves are hung in rebates each side of a 30mm minimum width planted stop located centrally in the jamb. Acoustic seals may be fitted to the door set as per items available from the Hardware List.
Technical Compliance Statement
The F15 fire door complies with the requirements of NZS 4520 Fire-resistant door sets when installed in accordance with Pacific Doors’ Installation Instructions into a complying fire-resistant wall, and when fitted with approved hardware.
NZS 4520 is referenced in the New Zealand Building Code Acceptable Solutions (Appendix C 6.1.1)
Pacific F15 fire doors have been successfully fire-tested in accordance with AS1530.4, as referenced in NZS 4520 and in Appendix C 5.1.1.
The fire resistance achieved by the F15 was FRR -/15/15
The F15 fire door will satisfy the requirements of NZBC, B2 “Durability” under conditions of use, installation and maintenance specified by Pacific Doors, or specific contractual guarantees, whichever are overriding.