Pacific VP120 Hinged Door Set -/120/60sm
The Pacific VP120 is a side hung door set. The door set configuration may be single leaf or pair, finished with a variety of facings and hung in a steel frame.
Steel framed smoke control doors include the PFS-4 frame seal. If required, bottom seals can be selected from the Hardware List.
The thickness of the VP120 door leaf is 48mm with an approximate leaf weight of 27kg/m2
|Wall Type||Maximum Fire Resistance Rating
|Door Application||Max Leaf
| Steel Stud Wall
Timber Stud Wall
|Speedwall||-/120/30sm||Single & Pair||2400||1200|
- Please note that the maximum leaf width shown above is measured per door leaf.
- The ‘sm’ above denotes that the door is available as a smoke control door set.
- Rebated Aluminium meeting stile is only available when installed into masonry walls
- Meeting styles for doors installed into speedwall are restricted to J-Section or Bullnose.
- Insulation ratings must be notified at time of pricing for steel frames. Maximum insulation ratings shown. Some wall applications will have a maximum 30 minute insulation rating.
- Door sets with leafs larger than 2700 x 1200 are not intended for frequent use, we recommend they be typically either held open or closed with compliant hardware in normal operation.
- Of the above facings only those marked * may extend around the door edge.
- Standard Paint Quality doors are allowed ‘non-clashed’ to provide best surface for finish painting.
- See Additional Door Options for more facing alternatives.
The leaf edges listed below are available for the VP120 door set
Paint quality doors are non-clashed as standard.
Frame Types & Profiles
Timber frames are not applicable for fire doors above 60 minute fire rating.
The steel frame profiles listed below are available for the VP120 door set.
Stainless steel frames are only approved grouted into masonry or concrete walls.
For more in depth information on frame profiles and sizes, please see our Installation Instructions.
The meeting stiles listed below are applicable to paired door sets only.
Jambs may be connected to:
- Precast concrete (120mm thickness minimum) or grouted blockwork (140mm thickness minimum).
- Non-load bearing timber stud walls of minimum specifications GBT180 (Gib® Fire Rated Systems).
- Non-load bearing steel stud walls of minimum specification GBS90 with Gib Fyreline linings 2 x 16mm each side (Gib® Fire Rated Systems).
- Speedpanel & Korok walls (64mm or 78mm). Restrictions apply, see installation details for more information.
Product Optional Extras
|Glazing Type||Maximum Glazed Area||Max Height (mm)||Max Width (mm)||Glazing Bead||FRR with Vision Panel|
|Timber||Aluminum||Up to 0.065m2||Over 0.065m2|
- Please note that the height and width of the vision panel must still fall within the maximum glazed area.
- Glazing types marked with * indicate Grade A Safety glass.
Standard Vision Panel Cross Sections
Not applicable for this door set
Sidelights and Overlights
Sidelights and overlights are not applicable for this door set.
Overpanels with transom are available in steel jambs to an overall height of 3600mm in masonry walls or 3300mm in steel stud walls. This is available for single or paired door sets.
An overpanel without transom is available to an overall height of 3600mm with maximum door leaf dimensions 2400x1200, in single leaf only. The fire rating of this door set is -/120/60.
A complete door set with screw fixed side panels can be supplied, with the steel mullion between panel and door leaf to be grout-filled during installation.
Overpanels are not permitted for fire rated door sets installed into Speedwall.
Additional Door Options
Push or Kickplates
Push plates or kickplates can be of the below permitted materials. Fixing may be via screws or contact adhesive only.
- Steel mild or stainless (0.6 – 0.9mm)
- Acrovyn (0.7 -2.0mm)
Lorient LVH intumescent grilles are available in the following sizes:
- 300 x 300 mm
- 450 x 450 mm
- 600 x 300 mm
- 600 x 600 mm
Please note that fire doors with ventilation grilles cannot be certified as ‘Smoke’ control door sets.
Up to three grilles are available per leaf. Fire rating is limited to -/120/30. Grilles are not available for exterior quality doors.
Drop shutter grilles are not an option on this doorset.
Adjacent fire rated doors are permitted provided the central mullion is grouted steel. Maximum width of the coupled door sets is 3600mm overall.
Adjacent doors are not permitted for fire rated door sets installed into Speedwall.
Decorative Timber Mouldings and Panels
Nominal 43 x 12mm untreated timber mouldings or 20mm thick panels are permitted on the facings provided they are kept 150mm from the leaf edge or vision panel.
V-grooves are not an option on this doorset.
Decorative panels (e.g. stone, glass, timber or similar) can be added to one face of the door leaf provided:
• Panel is glue fixed (no screws or nails)
• Panel weight is less than 35 kg
• Leaf dimensions are 2400 x 1020 or less
• Leaf is hung in a steel frame
Panels to be installed on site by others. They can be either glued directly to the face of the leaf or onto timber battens glued to the leaf.
If the decorative panel is on the hinge face of the leaf, please specify extended "wide throw" hinges.
Please note that special hardware items may be required (e.g. extended spindles).
Decorative panels are not allowed in conjunction with vision panels.
This door leaf has a thermal insulation rating (R-value) of 0.692 Km2/W.
Technical Compliance Statement
The VP120 fire door complies with the requirements of NZS 4520 Fire-resistant door sets when installed in accordance with Pacific Doors’ Installation Instructions into a complying fire-resistant wall, and when fitted with approved hardware.
NZS 4520 is referenced in the New Zealand Building Code Acceptable Solutions (Appendix C 6.1.1)
Pacific VP120 fire doors have been successfully fire-tested in accordance with AS1530.4, as referenced in NZS 4520 and in Appendix C 5.1.1.
The fire resistance achieved by the VP120 was FRR:
-/120/60 for single leaf
-/120/60 for pair leaf
The VP120 has been tested to and met the physical endurance requirements of NZS 4520 Appendix A.
The VP120 fire door will satisfy the requirements of NZBC, B2 “Durability” under conditions of use, installation and maintenance specified by Pacific Doors, or specific contractual guarantees, whichever are overriding.